Monat Shampoo and Conditioner Review

12:00 AM





Ignore the shampoo label, a tiny bit leaked out and wrecked it but that isn’t a necessary point to this post.

Monat is a new found hair love for me! I was lucky enough to receive a few samples of their pretty incredible products. I of course was a little worried as my hair is bleached, over processed, fine and I use semi permeant hair dye so I wasn’t too sure how this would work with the color as I have been pretty loyal to my current salon brand.

With this said I have fine hair so my very helpful consultant let me try the Volume Treatment  along with the Replenish masque for my over processed hair.



REJUVENIQE

“We’ve combed the globe to find the ideal ingredients for MONAT.  REJUVENIQE Oil Intensive is absolutely vital for healthy hair and skin”

I also was lucky to get the Oil Intensive treatment that is not only great for your hair but skin as well! I thought that was pretty cool.  This treatment is done before washing, just apply to dry or damp hair letting it sit in your hair and on scalp for 15 minutes then wash your hair as you regularly would. I could only Imagine using a few of these treatments how great your hair would feel!


There is a lot of crazy good positives with these products, if you are an ingredient junkie, please check out this page!

I found this pretty good to know as well:


The MONAT NOs

You've learned about the ingredients that make MONAT different. What's missing? Absolutely nothing - nothing your hair will miss, that is. Here's a quick list of what you won't - and will never find in any MONAT product. MONAT products do NOT contain: 
  • NO Parabens - Could be linked to chronic disorders.
  • NO Sulfates - irritating to skin and scalp.
  • NO DEA/MEA - can be irritating to skin and eyes and could be linked to chronic disorders.
  • NO Phthalates - long-term exposure could be toxic.
  • NO PEG - can be linked to chronic disorders.
  • NO Phenoxyethanol - can be irritating to the eyes and skin.
  • NO Ethanol - can be drying to the hair and cause frizz and damage.
  • NO Petrochemicals - can coat the hair shaft causing moisture loss and suffocation of the shaft.
  • NO Glutens - can cause allergic reactions to sensitive individuals.
  • NO Sodium Chloride - can build up in tissues and cause.
  • NO Harsh Salt Systems - can cause dryness and dehydration.
  • NO Harmful Colors - can be toxic to skin and scalp and linked to chronic disorders.
  • NO Harmful Fragrances - can be irritating and linked to chronic disease.  

I try to cut back with what I can but if a product has these kinds of things and I love it I will still use it, with that said though I was pretty happy there was nothing bad that I could find in these products :) 
Since I did just have a taste of these products, here are my before and after photos of my hair, you may not tell much difference but I can feel a little transformation! I was shocked too! I have tried soooo many different shampoo’s and conditioner’s in my life (haven’t we all?) but this just made my hair feel healthier even after the first try!

Please excuse the lighting as of course it’s been snowing here and is dark leaving to work and coming home
Ignore my funny poses! It is not easy to photograph the back of your head! LOL
I used the REJUVENIQE on my scalp and ends twice, it smells like lemon which is nice, I feel like this product is really amazing! I think I would dump it all over my head if I had a bottle LOL but it is good for a pre treatment before the other products.


I know I would, and hopefully will be able to purchase some full sized products to really see these benefits as they sound like the REALLY help your hair with a lot of different types of hair issues any of us can have!

I have a little bit left for a 4th possibly 5th use if  I am careful, I will post those photos too and see if you can tell!

PROS:

-Over time of using this your hair strengthens thickens and hydrates your scalp (That’s where it begins!)
-I liked the smell, it isn’t your typical fruity (my favorite kind of scent) smell or anything like that but it just smells good to me. I am terrible at describing scents but it’s kind of earthy or something to me? I might be way off LOL 
-My hair felt so soft after and I have soft hair already so that was surprising to me! 
-Shinier! I don’t know if this is in my head but it seemed like it to me :)
-Even just having my hair look less frizzy on the over process ends was amazing!
I know I would have more to say about this product if I did have full size products since things take time to fully work, but I REALLY think it is worth a try!

CONS:

-Two cons…. I use semi permanent hair color and I did notice not using my regular shampoo this stripped the color more than my other brand I use, but thankfully I like my hair to fade into pastel colors!
-The last con might be the price as I am not rich sadly LOL. BUT again this product honestly seems to be something, I am a tad shocked in a good way! So I kind of see it in my future :) 




Gina is extremely helpful and if you have any questions please contact her.  Check out her site and see what you guy’s think : Gina Sexton Mateychick

Also she has some really good before and after posts on her Instagram you can take a peek and see what you think!


Would you give this a try? Have you tried this before?
What are your thoughts?


Disclaimer: These products were sent to me to review, this does not effect my honest opinion of each product.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I have been using the monat volume system,rejuvinique oil, and IRT for one year. I see shine and added lift to my hair - but NO new hair growth in my bald spots. I think my hair is thinner, now, one year after monat use. The shine and volume to the hair I have left is wonderful. However, I am very disappointed that my hair is thinner after one year of using monat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow my Journey @Montsergirl